So its the time of the year where everyone, well at least for most people, to reflect upon their year's achievements or failures or a nicer word would be experiences. I usually have my flashbacks from time to time when I'm on a bus ride which is pretty frequent since I take the bus back and forth from Singapore to Malacca on a fortnight basis if not at least once every three weeks. I miss the time when I have my flashbacks on the trains in the UK. I guess my most favourite means of travelling would be by train. More spacious than the usual bus and definitely less bumpy and it requires much less hassle than a flight. Don't even get me started on cruises!
I can't help to think how its already been 10 years since I left high school! I mean it felt like a long way when I was still in school for a year to even pass by or even a day or a week! But like they say, life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes. How time flies, waiting for no one. How selfish it is. Memories of me being in the UK are still fresh in my mind like I've only left months ago! Which in retrospect its been already two years since. Four years spent in the UK has gone by and it was one of my best years spent learning and experiencing a whole new level of culture, weather, and well basically everything there is to learn. Oh how much I've grown since I left school! College has thought me a lot about freedom and I sure did land myself in all sorts of trouble I never knew could exist in the first place. But all in all, I can say if I die now, there is a story to tell.
Pursuing my career path in Singapore was a move I never regret till today. As much as I am never fond of Singaporeans, I have to say I'm lucky to find the few none typical kind that has helped make my life a more colourful one that it could have been. As for my career, it sure kept me busy for this entire year and I'm damn glad the project that I am working on is drawing to an end soon. Time for me to start a new project! It was madness but I'm glad I pulled through with whines of all sorts here and there which I need to keep in mind to have less of. I hope the years I'm going to spend in Singapore would be as unforgettable as the ones I spend in the UK.
So what are the highlights of this year? I guess my job played a huge part in it. It kept me rather busy than usual and I have no regrets about it. I managed to travel to Hatyai with my family (the one that was long overdued!) it was short but was good to be travelling with the entire family again. Then I manage to go to Penang for Cheng Beng in April and then somewhere in June I visited Bintan, Indonesia for the first time. A weekend getaway that was good enough to relax my mind with the use of the beach. Another good weekend getaway in Avillion, Port Dickson and then Phuket, Thailand with the colleagues and my travelling bug ended with Hanoi, Vietnam with my parents and little brother. I never thought I would have traveled so much in a year and will start with Beijing, China in 2014 during the lunar new year! Yes, I love travelling, it doesn't just give your soul a new boost but it teaches you a lot more than what meets the eye.
Oh my favourite part on self improvement is having the ability to save up! I'm spendthrift hands down and my mother said I'm no help of any kind and I will never learn. But hey, guess what? I manage to prove her wrong!!! Yay! Having able to open a new bank account solely for my savings is definitely an achievement for me itself. Also I think I've manage to control my anger a lot better now and be more patient which is really good. My self discipline is not getting better though but its not like I'm really bad to begin with so I guess I'm lucky in that sense. Could be a lot worse. I'm making plans and choices a lot more carefully now than I used to. Putting my needs first before my wants. Being less selfish and also try to take care of myself better. I'm not sure if I should be toning down on the sarcasm...cos obviously, not everyone can take it. I'm also very egoistic but that's just a way to defend myself from being a pray to those chauvinistic idiots! What do you think?
I was doing well with my healthy diet and regular exercise until work started to be really crazy now I have fats growing on my body that should never exist in the first place. My foot still hurts from the dog bite I had 2 weeks ago so that keeps me from running but I guess I will get back into routine once I can. I'm trying that tomorrow and why the heck not since its the beginning of another new year!
All in all, it has been a good year, I've made mistakes and learned from them the hard way (as usual) and met some crazy people along the way I wish I never did in the first place but then again I would have a different story to tell now wouldn't I? I still hold on dearly to the quote of not regretting the choices I've made in life but on only the things I've never had enough courage to. I've met a lot of nice new people too so that compensate for the uglyness of people I had met.
As for those people asking if I've found anyone new, the answer is no. I'm not in search really, if that person comes I'm willing to give them a chance. That's all I can say for now. Life is short, I have so much planned for myself ahead. I have yet to conquer NYC! =)
Here's to wishing everyone a wonderful, more adventurous, more exciting, and better year ahead! May the odds be ever in your favour! Make peace with 2013 and let us all greet 2014 with lots of joy!!! It can only get better =D
No comments:
Post a Comment