welcome note

Welcome peasants to my realm of imagination. I am the founder of the Imaginarium Movement and this is where you will discover all about it in wonderment that would leave you to ponder...


Monday, November 29, 2010

November wind

I have finally manage to settle into my new flat. *wipes sweat drop from forehead* It sure is not easy trying to find a suitable place to move into here in London. Maybe because I was living quite far away and people in the Europe tend to only work during office hours including the property agencies so that sure didn't help at all. They only recently introduce opening hours on a Saturday for banks!Oh and I manage to find a clinic to register with that opens on a weekend!! Now to make full use of the clinic for all that $$$ they charge me each month! The amount of taxes you pay here can tend to get to an amount that makes no sense at all.

Ok now that I have finally settled in, well not really but sort of, I will tell you about what I've been up to and what I will be up to. I moved in about a week ago from Sunday to this nice and small but cosy flat. Pros and Cons, I'll start with the cons, I am not sure what it is but it might be the cold weather that this flat seems rather cold without the heater on. Comparing to the flat I used to be in Aylesbury. But I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt that its the unusual winter we are having at the moment in London. Its too small in the sense that I can't seem to find enough place to store most of my crap. Pros, I can't believe I finally found a place just off the bank of River Thames and by the docks! Yes, I somehow manage to get a flat in the Isle of Dogs where Canary Wharf is. Say hello to the Docklands. Its fairly new, good bus services, few minutes on the DLR to Greenwich and plenty of greens and not forgeting water. I'm practically living in an island =D Its superb! There's library nearby and Asda is just 15 minutes walk away. So giving that I manage to live in the place I always wanted to in London, I'm leaning about 90% to Loving It! Not bad eh? I never thought I'll make it here.

So now I'm left with making the place feel a little more homey. Just got curtains last weekend and it feels so much better now. I'll see what I can add on later during my holidays =D exactly 2 weeks from now I will be having the rest of the entire year off and won't start work till the 4th of January next year. I was planning to go back to Malaysia but the air tickets are flying rocket high!!! Ridiculous I'm telling you. But if any of you are rich enough to buy me a return ticket home, you're more than welcome to do so as my Christmas gift! =D hehe.

Work is picking up which is AWESOMELY FANTASTIC! Or else I would be so bored in the office and time seem to pass by way too slow. I will have to go to Oxford one of these days when its not snowing and the sun is shining to take a photo of the newly built Tesco we just did.

I missed my cousin's wedding in Penang 2 weeks back. Gutted definitely but I guess sometimes one must sacrifice and compromise for ones future. Anyways, as always I'm being misunderstood and I guess its a good thing I didn't go because they most probably didn't want me there anyway. But it hurts to know that you've been dislike for reasons that are untrue. Sigh...as I've always said to myself, karma will work wonders. What goes around, comes around.

Its way too cold for November and I have yet to see snow falling but it looks like being in London means I won't be having much snow to play with. Boo..but I guess when it does snow I will be complaining about the difficulty to get to work. Haha...Snow is only nice when they are dry and stillf fluffy and clean...never like wet snow to begin with.

I will post up more photos of the new flat and snow if it ever does here as soon as I get the chance. Most probably during my 3 weeks off from work. I am planning to be one of the tourist visiting London =D Not like I've never seen it but there's still a lot to discover. Till then. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment