Hello my dearest readers! Sorry for the long hiatus on
having a new entry. I just realised it’s been almost 6 months now since I
started working. 6 MONTHS? That’s like
half a year! Time sure does fly by when
you grow older don’t you think? I always think life is like a roll of toilet
paper. The older you get the faster time flies by like the toilet paper, the
smaller the roll gets, the faster it rolls.
With the almost six months of busy schedule, I forgot to
take a break to have a little “me” time so I told myself I need to make an
effort to make sure I have nothing scheduled for this weekend. Managed to
finish all my chores yesterday so that I’ll have my entire Sunday free of
chores to do. I am now seated along Robertson Quay sipping on a glass of iced
mocha shaded by the leaves of this faithful old tree listening to the awesome
mix of acoustic playlist I made for myself on itunes. I’m totally enjoying the
breeze of this Sunday afternoon accompanied by a couple of Hill Mynas which by
the way, one of them just dropped a bomb on the table I’m seated at. Thank God
it didn’t drop into my drink or on my beloved lap top!
![]() |
| Loving my "me" time =) |
The ambience here is awesome! You’ll be able to spot the
many café along this river. It’s really nice to be able to just hang around
here alone or with a bunch of your friends. You get a lot of expats walking
their kids or their dogs along the river bank and for a moment you wouldn’t think
you’re in Singapore. I feel like I’m on a holiday honestly.
![]() |
| Nice place to hang out don't you think? |
Work is still enjoyable, despite the few dramas I have to go
through with a certain group of “aunties” but putting that aside, I’m loving my
job still and hoping I will for a long period of time. I’m not sure how long I
want to be here but definitely long enough for me to learn all that I can. I am
still looking to travel to another country to work as the design field is
pretty much global. This is one thing I love about design. It’s a universal
language in a way you will find art or design in every part of the world you
are at. I love travelling; it helps open my mind, widen my lunatic imagination,
and certainly feeds my need for creativity. It also helps me to grow as a
person.
I am now currently working on a retail project…a huge one by
the way. I love my project team, it was pretty challenging at first but I’m
glad I manage to learn how to work together with them now. We’re like a family
and I couldn’t ask for a better team. My boss is awesome! He’s not the typical
I’m boss you’re my slave kind so it works well for my team mates and me. I’m
also hoping that I will be given the chance to work on a small café project. I
guess it’s not my call for that to happen but I’ll go with the flow.
It is mummy’s birthday next week and I already got her
birthday present. I hope she’ll love it. I’m really glad that I can now afford
to pay for most of the things I want and need. More need than want…I have to
keep reminding myself about that. Haha. But yes, I’m now giving my parents
pocket money and my brother too! That feeling to be able to do that is
priceless!! 5 years ago I wouldn’t thought I’ll be able to come this far. It is
really difficult, this journey I mean. Sometimes I sit back and wonder how much
shit I had to put up with to be able to be where I want to be. Then again I
know it could all be worse and I’m really glad I have a family to help me
through and also really loyal friends that had stood by me all these while to
help me through the good and hard times I just couldn’t ask for more.
All that hype about the new iphone 5 is everywhere! On my
way here earlier I passed by Singtel and man the queue was long it seems
unbelievable! Don’t get me wrong, I had always wanted an iphone but
circumstances always didn’t allow me to own one and now it is my only chance!
So yes, I am looking to get myself one soon hopefully next month with hopes
they still have stock and that the queue would die down by then. There are
people flying in to Singapore from other countries just to get the iphone 5
since Singapore is one of the 6 countries in the world to be getting the iphone
first. Unbelievable? Believe it! My boss is one of the first people I know that
already got his hands on the iphone 5 so I had the chance to touch and feel it.
It is a lot lighter than the iphone 4s and a lot sleeker too. But apparently
their Map app sucks because Apple is starting their own Map app obviously in
the mist of hoping to phase out Google Map in the future. Let’s see how that
would go.
Oh and I’ve started doing runs about a month and a half ago.
I’ve not lose any weight instead I’ve put on!! Sure it pisses me off but I’m
really hoping its muscle weight that I’m gaining. But I’ve manage to lose half
an inch on my tummy and thighs. So I guess that’s a good sign? I was thinking
about joining a gym but I’m not sure if it is worth it considering that would
be $150 less of my monthly income. So maybe I’ll just do what I can with the
run now and some work out at home. But yes I’m doing something about my ugly
fugly figure now and in time hoping that I’ll shape up ;)
![]() |
| This is how I want my abs to look like! |
As for my relationship, I don’t know, maybe I’m cursed to
not have a good one or maybe I’m just really crap at handling it. It sure is
lonely coming home everday after work into a room facing the four walls. But I
do have Bunny Wabbit and Ebe for company. Which I’m hoping to come up with a
comic about one of these days…I’ve actually already started sketching so
hopefully I can put them into pieces soon and come up with a proper comic strip
=) Gotta keep myself busy to not think about being alone considering I was in a
5 years relationship. It is challenging even though it has been 6 and a half
months since.
I’m also looking into taking up guitar lessons…I just need
to find the right teacher. Which reminds me of this really hot guitarist I
stumbled upon at Acid Bar on a Tuesday night while I was hanging out with
Sharon. Awesome voice and she played so well! Unfortunately she was
taken…bleh…but I don’t think I’m ready for a relationship just yet. So, I think
I shall make this “me” time by Robertson Quay a weekly Sunday thing. I’m
actually really enjoying myself here and appreciating every minute of it!
Ok enough of me now…till my next post *hoping to make it a weekly thing =)



No comments:
Post a Comment