I used to think I had the answers to everything, but now I know life doesn't always go my way. It feels like I'm caught in the middle that's when I realize...I'm not a girl. All I need is time, a moment that is mine while I'm in between. I'm not a girl so there is no need to protect me.
It's time that I learn to face up to this on my own. I've seen so much more than you know now so don't tell me to shut my eyes. I'm not a girl but if you look at me closely, you will see it my eyes, this girl will always find her way.
I'm not a girl so don't tell me what to believe,
I'm just trying to find the woman in me,
All I need is time,
A moment that is mine,
While I'm in between.
I need time,
Love,
Joy,
I need space,
I need me!
Say hello to the girl that I am!
You're gonna have to see through my perspective
I need to make mistakes just to learn who I am
And I don't wanna be so damn protected
There must be another way
Cause I believe in taking chances
But who am I to say
What a girl is to do
God, I need some answers
What am I to do with my life
How Am I supposed to know what's right?
I can't help the way I feel
But my life has been so overprotected
I tell them what I like
What I want
What I don't
But every time I do I stand corrected
Things that I've been told
I can't believe what I hear about the world, I realize
I'm Overprotected
I don't need nobody's
Tellin me just what I wanna
What I'm gonna
Do about my destiny
I Say nobody's telling me just what I wanna do,
I'm so fed up with people telling me to be
Someone else but me
People can take everything away from you
But they can never take away your truth
But the question is..
Can you handle mine?
They say I'm crazy
I really don't care
That's my prerogative
They say I'm nasty
But I don't give a damn
Some ask me questions
Why am I so real?
But they don't understand me
I really don't know the deal about others
Trying hard to make it right
Not long ago
Before I won this fight
Everybody's talking all this stuff about me
Why don't they just let me live?
I don't need permission, make my own decisions
That's my prerogative
It's the way that I wanna live
You can’t tell me what to do
Don't get me wrong
I'm really not souped
Ego trips is not my thing
All these strange relationships really gets me down
I see nothing wrong in spreading myself around
Why can't I live my life
Without all of the things
That people say
How dare you to think that I'm so naive?
Why is everyone thinking of me of this little girl
who ain't know nothing about reality
and the world out there?
Yes my life might have just started
but I've learn a lot more than the others
and tasted the things the others never did.
So why do you all put me down
Like I ain't got nothing that it takes
I've got the guts,
I've got the brains,
I've got the abilty,
I've got what it takes.
So don't you all judge me.
For none of you know
What or who I am
and what I've got.
FOr all you know
I'm way better than you
I'm sophisticated,
I'm talented,
I'm all a woman need to be,
So safe up your crap
and your stupid little act.
Cos damn am I so sick of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment