welcome note

Welcome peasants to my realm of imagination. I am the founder of the Imaginarium Movement and this is where you will discover all about it in wonderment that would leave you to ponder...


Saturday, May 10, 2008

Tired....

Its been a week since my last post. Sorry for the delay. Been caught up with work and assignments as usual I don't think I have to elaborate further.

Ok I know you all will be asking the same questions everyone has been asking me lately. Why my assignment buat tak habis-habis?
1) because I got like endless of assignments and they require lots a developments and takes time to gradually get there. Just imagine having your shop or house renovated, the time consumed will give you a picture.
2) because this is my LIFE! Literally it is. It is all about deadlines and work with no rest. Remind me again why I'm an ID people!!
3) because people think design is for losers and people who couldn't make it for more professional courses like doctors, lawyers, engineers, and what not....seriously, they think life as a designer is so easy, uh people, THINK AGAIN!!

Good news is, my FINAL presentation is on Monday, but I got 1 week from then to hand in all the presentation boards and what not. Then on Friday I have to hand in another assignment which btw I have not started on! Not enough to call for MAY DAY yet because its a small assignment that could be done in a day like. Tuesday would be my last day in the workshop. Hopefully I can manage to get most of the things done by then. The following Friday which is 2 weeks from now will be the deadline for my Design Report which is also the last day of my semester!!! So yes, part of me can't wait but part of me also wishes I had more time to work on all the assignments and deadlines!

The weather has been really nice! Its starting to get warm...like FINALLY! You start seeing people taking off their clothes and displaying their fats in the sun at the park. Its like free porn for everyone. Its weird how the Caucasians get so red after a sun bath. Its erm, quite scary. Here, you get all skin products with tanning stuff in it. I'm looking for my whitening cream and what not but fail to find any...its like wtf?? They so need to have whitening cream cater for Asians!! Racist!!! Niamah! (-__-)" Anyways, did I tell you I can go out without wearing a coat now and I can start wearing my skirts and shorts??? Woo hoo!! Summer time is the best!! I can't wait to go to the gardens and the beaches and most of all SHOPPING babes!! *dreaming of all the nice clothings* Hahahaha. Will be going down to London second week in June! Woo Hoo!! Life has never been better for now. LOL.

I manage to get a hair cut today. Actually I wanted to cut it short since I NEVER had it short before but didn't had enough guts to do so. So end up just having a trim. I had to because my hair got too many split ends. My friend found a place where they only charge 9.95 pounds! Ok its the cheapest you can find here. Usual price with a student discount is at least 30pounds!! With that money I could curl my hair back in Malaysia! Anyways, it was really nice, when they wash your hair the seat is a massage chair! Malaysia salons should have those as well! Also the stylist was really gentle and nice to me, she made sure she understood exactly what I wanted and checked so many times to make sure thats the length I want to cut off. Unlike those in Malaysia you said 1 inch they cut like 3 inches!! Sorry I don't have any picture of it yet since I went straight to work after that and after work I was just too tired. So will give you pictures later ok? Not much different actually.

I went to watch football on Monday at St James park. I'm not a MEGA HUGE football fan but I have enough basics to talk about it =D The match was Newcastle against Chelsea. OBVIOUSLY, Chelsea was the better team so I was planning to cheer for Chelsea. Oh forget to mention that my cousin's bf had Season tickets and manage to get me 1 =D As I was saying, I wanted to cheer for Chelsea, but my seat was for Newcastle so fat chance, I had to cheer for Newcastle unless I wanted to get beaten up. It was wild and barbaric! But lucky I was seating beside a nice decent old man. So I wasn't too shocked. There was police surrounding the Chelsea fans to make sure nobody start fighting. They booed and swear at each other. For me, it was a great experience a funny one too. It is funny to see how these people take their footie match so seriously, like it was a war! Oh and I saw Michael Owen! Though he was like the size of my thumb, but still I saw him live! It was a good experience, I'm sure a lot of people out there would die to have that chance! Sorry, no pictures of the stadium cos they are with my cousin, didn't bring my camera there that day. Will upload them when I get the chance, for now, just enjoy the picture of my ticket and my programme book =D





Interesting eh?Thanks to Mr.Bengness, my cousin's bf for the opportunity and the programme book =D

Did I mention to you Primark, the store I'm working at was undergoing a renovation? Now, half the store is done and it looks class! So nice like the one in Oxford Street, London! I'm now so proud to tell people I'm working in Primark Newcastle! Hahahahaha. Also they put in new touch screen tills!! So high tech, so shiok! Primark has some really nice PJs and lingerie. Also some nice clothing at FOS price! Obviously lim peh work there buy lots from this store. Hehehe. Will take picture of the clothes I get from the store soon ok. Oh and their bikinis are damn cheap!!! Less then RM50!! Lots to choose from too! Shopping is such a good way to de-stress...agree? Its a lot better to shop here because its affordable! You work in Msia, say part-time odd jobs you earn about RM7-8? That's KL price, if Malacca price is about RM3-4. Say a Mc D meal cost RM10, or shopping at Top Shop requires at least RM100 for a good dress or top. Here, you work an hour you get about 5.60-8pounds an hour and in London you could get up to 10pounds or higher! So a set meal in Mc D is about 4-5pounds and a dress in Top Shop is about 30-40 pounds? Anyway, you can get a dress in Primark for 12pounds! I mean there's alot of other high street shops to look at like Next, H&M and all that. So shopping here when you earn here is paradise, one of the reason to stay back and hunt for a job here...but have to compensate with the bloody weather and the high tax rate. Decisions decisions....how is it in Aussie and US? Better deal?? Anyone with any idea? Let me know =)

Till then, cheers! NOt sure when my next post will be in again...so don't get too disappointed ok? Smooches!

4 comments:

  1. Hey there..i so understand your frustrations about assignments and the thought of the end of semester! Im so happy to know you are happy with your job. I rmb you telling me about it and stuff. In aussie, its basically the same thing la, you earn way more than Malaysia and clothes are cheap as well :)

    Good luck for your assignments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OWEN!!!!!! whoooaa!!!!! u get to see him in person leh...but ok lar..not fancy him anymore...wuahahahahha

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey jia ling!

    eeleen here...i'm actually in Edinburgh. surprised to know that you are in Newcastle and working in Primark! (best place to shop...EVER!!!)

    hahahha....

    if wana visit Scotland let me know! i got 1 more year to go! can stay with me =)...take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anou: Sorry for the late reply, anyhoo I'm so glad my assignment days are over! Well at least for the next 4 months lol...How are yours getting along?

    Ron: I just saw a post on your blog that you still have Owen picture in your cupboard! What's that about?? LOL.

    Ee Leen: Hey sweets! How are you? Wow Edinburgh has to be really cold!! Haha Primark is the best! I agree ;) Will let you know if I wanna go visit you soon k? =D thanks for the invitation huns! Smooches!

    ReplyDelete