
At my previous post I mentioned about meeting new friends... here is an elaborated view and an introduction =)
Miguel De Belen is the name. Met him when I met up with Suzanna on Monday in Camden. We had kebabs and sat by the river to eat them. It was one of the best time I had during my trip. Feeding the duckies by the river bank and stretching my feet and talking to Migi when Suz was on the phone with Su Min. We were talking about WWII and religions?? O_o WTF? Haha. Sounds boring innit? But it was a great conversation! At last I had someone to talk to about something important, something revolutional and something NOT gossipy.
For the entire 5 days I was there, Migi came to join me and he did sound a little pushy at first but then I stop and think for a bit, he probably mean no harm and just need a friend and I can definitely offer that and from then on we couldn't stop laughing and talking! He was the only one who was nice enough to care to see me off at King's Cross Station! I was touched and really appreciate all the afford. Migi if you're reading this take everything as a compliment alright? =)
Migi has the talent to sing! According to my brother Filipinos are gifted in that sense. Well, one of the Black Eyed Pea's member is a Filipino so I guess its true? So what are we Malaysians gifted for??? Blehhh... UNFAIRNESS yet again! Anyways, if you wanna listen to songs by him or think I'm stupid thinking he can sing there's some demo you can listen to. Click HERE for it. Then leave me some comments and give me your 5cents worth of thoughts. Hehe. Other than singing, this chap is undertaking his degree in journalism! So he's fucking good at writing! Since I was a nice friend *ahem* I was written a poem! Ain't he sweet? I'll share it...
Star Systems
to Ashley
Your host is explaining why maps of Paris never change,
how beneath the city lies a tangle of sewers (from where
some corpses of cleaners have yet to surface)
that parallels the streets above. It's around midnight when
we notice that the roundabout we're standing in is a sundial.
You turn to him and keep slicing with your arms
Covent Garden, Leicester Square, Soho
on a map you're drafting out of air. Cars circling us
gradually stop coming. I need to pee, I say
and would follow both of you home. All the while,
he is enchanted with the blueprint of another city:
how streets—from and into each other—radiate in star systems,
how the architecture builds upon itself in preordained sites.
It's easy to get lost in a city
one cannot love. Over time, facades become as familiar
as they are indistinguishable. When you were here,
we smiled for photographs. We memorised the colours
of train lines and bus routes that are actually
all the same colour. So I ran after your train, that night
you left London. And when you smiled and waved, I smiled back
at your image in a viewfinder. In the video
you can hear my footsteps, but not my breathing.
Oh yea and I also learned some Tagalog! I'm getting there...hehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment