welcome note

Welcome peasants to my realm of imagination. I am the founder of the Imaginarium Movement and this is where you will discover all about it in wonderment that would leave you to ponder...


Tuesday, May 12, 2009

30minutes before the clock reads 5pm I was at my workplace sitting in the canteen eating the instant noodle I brought from home. Then one of my colleague came in and sat on the same table, said hi and stared at my cup noodles for a while and asked if it was from Malaysia...I was like err I don't know... I stared at the cup and realised it was all written in Chinese and said...God knows I can't read Chinese... then he was like yea obviously you can't cos you're a Malaysian.... (-____-)''' So I said yea, but I'm still Chinese....He's like oh but what written is not Chinese...puzzled I asked what do you mean its not Chinese...he said it's Mandarin...double (-______________-)"
So I tried to explain whats Mandarin and what's Chinese...and he was arguing with me that he learned Mandarin before... didn't listen to what I was about to say and already defending himself saying that Mandarin and Chinese is 2 different thing....I was WTF WTF?? He's Indian from India for one and two you're telling me that I don't know my own race to THAT extend???!!! He didn't even try to listen to what I was going to say!

He said that Chinese is the old language and the original language of China...Mandarin is the new Chinese...FUCK that don't even make any fucking sense!!! Mandarin is just a dialect! Its prob the main dialect in China but its not modern Chinese! How is traditional Chinese called Chinese and modern Chinese called Mandarin??? I may not know how to read or write Chinese or I'm not fully Chinese but I'm CHINESE ENOUGH to know what is Mandarin and its a fucking dialect!!!! Hokkien IS Chinese, Cantonese IS Chinese! Geezzz who the fuck is that guy to think he's better than me when it comes to knowing Chinese and Mandarin when he's INDIAN??? No offence, I ain't trying to be racist here ok....but pisses me off when he was arguing with me when I KNOW my roots better than he does...would have forgive him if he was chinese but he was INDIAN and claiming to know Chinese better than me??? Bloody hell....The cheek of it...

2 comments:

  1. Throw it back at his face. Does he speak Tamil? (Or whatever the main dialect is)

    Tell him that Indian and Tamil are two different things. Indian is the ancient language of India, and Tamil is the modern language. Ask him if he knows how to speak Tamil. If he doesn't, shame on him. Tsk tsk tsk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tsk tsk tsk. Not a pure Indian. Cos he was obviously dissing you about your authenticity as a Chinese. Which is quite ok, if u think about it cos you're not entirely Chinese anyway. But he may be a pure Indian, right? :P

    It's either that or he just wanna cari pasal only.

    ReplyDelete