welcome note

Welcome peasants to my realm of imagination. I am the founder of the Imaginarium Movement and this is where you will discover all about it in wonderment that would leave you to ponder...


Tuesday, July 06, 2010

I took the plunge!

Everytime I go to the salon to get my hair cut, I always cry because my hair is getting shorter. When I was younger my mom did the cutting for me and yes I cried everytime she wanted it shorter. But then again short doesn't has a specific definition. When my hair is short it means shorter than what I already have. So I never had my hair cut any shorter than shoulder length.  Basically I could still tie them up into a pony tail.

There has been several times when I've visited the salon and wanted to get a bob look but when I tell the stylist that they look at me in horror and say, "Are you sure you want it short? Your hair is really long." As if it was their hair going to be cut off. And after building all that confidence to do it before going to the salon, somehow they manage to suck all the confidence out of me and I would chicken out of it at last minute. Plus my mom always says that I will look fat if I cut it short. Sometimes its really hard having an ex beauty queen as your mother. She is constantly at you about beauty. How you are gaining weight, how I can't eat so much of something, how I need to look after my face and skin and what I wear. And yes I do feel intimidated at times knowing I didn't inherit her looks. But I guess even after all that I should thank her for all that she has put me through because I could have end up like some freak with really bad fashion sense and I probably look so much worse than I already am. LOL. But one thing for sure I will never be able to follow her steps into being the next Miss Malaysia. I don't think I want to either. Its too much work. I'm happy enough the way I am I just need to work on the abs so I could wear a bikini anytime I want to =D

Ok, so work is starting in like 5 days and I'm thinking I needed a fresh look. I look into the mirror and I realised I'm starting to look like Russ. (0_0) Shit! The owners-look-a-like-dog thing is starting to chew on me. So I thought for a while maybe, just maybe this time I would be able to stand strong on my idea and hold on to that confidence and just do it! So I went around town searching for the cheapest place I could get my hair cut. Seriously they overcharged on hair here. So found one that's £12.95 for just a cut £16.95 if you wanted to wash as well. The others varies from £26 - £49. Ridiculous I thought. I was in luck when I stepped into a salon that told me they have students to cut for you for just only £12. The only downside is that it would take a lot longer. I said ok. It did took me 2 and a half hour but it was worth the wait since I didn't have much to do anyways. So this is the results. What do you think? Victor said I look old...but I guess its a good thing since I'm starting work I would want people to take me seriously. I'm tired of being seen as a 12 year old!!! Sheeshh... Not that I'm complaining about looking young but people don't take you seriously!!!

  Yes I love myself too much at times so get use to it =P Oh and I never felt so light on my head before!!! Its shocking haha. and I went back to weigh myself and I lost a total of 1.5kg!! So I am not fat its my hair...stupid me...sheeshhh...

1 comment: