Meet Tigerphant! I caught him watching me when I was waiting for the hairdresser to open yesterday in China Town...sneaky little thing hahahaha he is cute though =) What do you think?
This little fellow is so cute!!! So far I love it the most because its sitting down...so so cute! Name is GajaRaja!
I was so excited seeing this little fellow that I forgot what it was named but with the power of a camera and photoshop i managed to zoom in and the name is Cholai...so green and flowery...
So the buddha celebration was yesterday. But the real Buddha's birthday is on the 21st of May this year. Following the lunar calender of cos. This is celebrated all over Asia yes even in India and Sri Lanka. So whose birthday you may ask? Its the birthday of the Prince Siddhartha Gautama and it is a holiday for most places and is traditionally celebrated in Mahayana Buddhism.In my previous post, I've mentioned about going to the temple for several times for practices and yes this is what I'd been practicing on. The walk and parade for the Vesak celebration.




It was a great event I must say. It makes me feel nearer to home somehow. I was not surprised by the fact of the many local people who are, pretty ignorant about other religion and people that they started throwing questions that you never expect to hear. For example...1) Are you from India?
2) Are you a Buddhist?
3) Is this religion only from one country?
4) Have you tried Jesus Christ and the church?
5) Whose birthday is it?
6) Buddha who??
So why is it that I know about Jesus, Allah, Mother Mary, all the different angels or saints but these people never take the initiative to know about Buddha? I'm not asking them to learn all the different kinds of Gods Taoism has to offer just yet! It is really sad sometimes but like I said its not surprising to me anymore since I've been asked how I could speak really good English when I first came here and nobody seems to ever heard about Malaysia when the British ruled us once before. One particular old guy came up to me and started a conversation...this is how it went:
Old guy: So are you a Buddhist?
Me: *thinks in head...isn't that obvious?" yeah
Old guy: Why?
Me: *WTF???* Cos I was born one?
Old guy: Well why don't you try the church and Jesus?
Me: I have, in fact I've been to many churches and even the mosque
Old guy: ohhh...so you're not interested in Jesus?
Me: Nah, I'm an all rounder more of a free thinker really. I believe all religion are the same.
Old guy: Well, you would say that but when a guy sees a pretty lady just like yourself what do you think runs through their mind?
Me: *wtf wtf wtf???!! This old prune sure is a sex maniac!* what? 0_o
Old freak: Well, where are you from?
Me: Malaysia
Old freak: Still studying?
Me: No graduated from ID
Old freak: Oh you should take up something we local hate to do like caretakers...you know nursing, blood taking stuff or caring for the old.
Me: *Bloody freak* Oh...ah ha...
*so my friend walked over with her brother...yes time to signal so they can safe my life!*
Old freak: bla bla bla you should try taking up another course or marry a british guy bla bla bla
*me signals so my friend would interrupt but she failed to catch the cue (-___-)ll*
Old freak: Well it was nice meeting you hope to see you again
Me: Yeah see you *NOT!!! get away from me freak!*
So what shoul I say? The world is full of people who will never fail to surprise me...REALLY!
No comments:
Post a Comment