welcome note

Welcome peasants to my realm of imagination. I am the founder of the Imaginarium Movement and this is where you will discover all about it in wonderment that would leave you to ponder...


Thursday, December 13, 2007

To work or not to work?

Ok its been a while since I last wrote something about what's happening here with me. Most of you have known that I've been trying to look for a job ever since I landed here but couldn't. I worked in a cafe for a bout 2 weeks then they said they found someone else who could work more hours and more days....(-_-)" so I had to look for something else. The pay was kinda crap anyway. 4.60 an hour I know it's a lot if you convert it to RM but still you use as much here. Then I tried China Town....why I didn't go there in the first place was because I know how this Chinese people work. I am Chinese myself, yes indeed but I'm not that typical Chinese girl. Ok here is how they work. They underpay you, treat you like you're some slave from a foriegn country, and has no bloody respect for you. Well, I'm the type of person who has respect for myself and know what I'm worth. Call me an egoistic bitch if you prefer. But seriously? Be frank if you know your worth then obviously you wouldn't let someone treat you like shit right? So well, didn't want anyone to think I'm this spoiled brat who can't take the shits, I went to China Town to try out. Of the so many shops I walked into. MOst of them wanted to hire me as a dish washer. (-_-)"" Fine....some wanted me as a waitress and you should look at the face expression and body language. So obvious that you could read their mind. It's as if they had a huge sign hanging over their body saying, You're not good enough! So I ended up in this Teppanyaki Japanese restaurant. The manager was really nice. I was treated with respect and he decided to give me a try. I thought FINALLY....but I was SOOO wrong! I start the day after it was a 5 hours trial which means no pay work shit. I was fed. So I wasn't complaining that much. Customer starts flowing in. People started to kelam kabut. I'm like why so kan chiong??? They are practically running like if they don't the customer will yell. I don't know. Ok so this is my first time. No training No nothing. NADA! So I had this really nice Hong Kong girl to tell me the things I needed to know. She was busy herself. So like the others she was running all over the place like a rat being captured in a cage or something. All she asked me to do was clear the plates. Well that was easy I thought. I've waitressing experience and we use trays to collect the plates. Here she said no need tray...ma huan. As in leceh. Ok for me it's harder without it. Then this other waitress came and shouted and I repeat SHOUTED at me for not having a tray. I was like but but but....so I guess there's not buts is there? Ok closed my stupidly gaging mouth and when to get a tray. Then it was serving the miso soup. This waitress say, one scoop of that ladle for each bowl. Ok follow instructions....then another came say put more 1 and a half. Ok put one and a half....ok go serve. That went well I thought. Then it was another table, go serve soup to that table...ok go serve....then the waitress said, this time one scoop enough! Cos later this "Ang Mo" people dun drink the soup. Ok so one scoop....on the way out of the kitchen....waitress step in....look into the bowls...stop me....shouted AGAIN! YOU IMAGINE IF YOU'RE THE CUSTOMER WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IF I SERVE YOU THIS??!! errrrr....but she....no can't say that...but I thought.....can't say that either....so what I say? Shut up only lor....what else could I say? Sorry, I would top it up...I was soo close in throwing the bloody soup on her fucking bitchy face! How in the world do they work here? Then it was clearing up. One girl said take all this stuff put in the kitchen. Ok so I take all that stuff into the kitchen....reached there stunned...dunno where to put...so asked lo...that's what you do when you don't know right?? You ask....ask one of the chef...excuse me, where should I place these? Chef look at me...laugh put it on your head la! Put where....then the other chef was laughing...and he shook his head. I was like...errr WHAT??? BASTARDS. They must have a pretty lousy and sad life don't you think? Oh well, left the stuff on the table I walk off. Don't care if it was the right place. Don't bother, don't want to give a FUCK! Then the waitress say wipe these bottles and then put away...I was like put where? She said in the kitchen....I was about to tell her the kitchen is fucking big...be specific! But I couldn't be bothered. So I wipe the bottles. Half way got another waitress come, shout again....by that time I was soo numbed with her yelling...I just shrug her of my face by turning the other way. She was saying I was new I shouldn't be doing this I don't know what I'm doing....SO DAMN RIGHT YOU ARE! you should be teaching me? That's training?? But I couldn't wait to get out of that place. I had another 10 minutes to go. Then the manager called me and said I could go....I was soooo relief and swear never to go back! Manager asked me few questions....answer with cross fingers...said bye and that was it he said he would give me a call and never did. Guess he didn't want me there either! Oh well, go train your people!!

Then I had a call from Primark. A retail shop here in UK where they sell really cheap clothes....As in the cheapest you can find. I got myself an interview! Yay! Went for interview...said they will only let me know the week after...sigh...got 1 week to go to be able to find out. Then Saturday came...got a letter for me with what seems to be the worse scribbled hand writhing ever! Had a UK stamp on it...so who could it be?? Opened it and to my surprise it was Primark! Nervously reading the letter...and spotted the word congratulations...I got the job? Read further....I GOT THE JOB!! YAY!! Celebrate with cousin!!! Yay! So induction starts on Wednesday....Wednesday came....went for induction....starts 9.30am had some explanation on the rules of the company how we're being paid blabla bla...then 1 pm lunch break...went to Mc D beside it had my regular fillet deal....full and happy...went back at 1.45pm start work....on the tills...scared....shit what if I press soemthing wrong?? AHHHH....okok calm down you're not going to die...its ur first time so take a chill pill! Ok luckily we had a senior to shadow us. First customer...smile...said hello. start scanning the stuff...eh fun la main scan scan...hahahhaa...ok then press subtotal button...and say 32pounds please...customer give 40 pounds....ok type in 40 pounds...and then press CASH button....cha ching! cash drawer open....WAH BANYAK NYE DUIT!! Pounds lagi! hahahaha. ok change 8 pounds...so take 8 pounds...take receipt, smile to customer and said here's your receipt and 8 pounds as your change...customer smile say thank you and then NEXT PLEASE! Then you do it all over again! WEE!! fun job! Hahhaha and EASY!! 4.20pm ok times up...I was like ALREADY?? I haven't finish having my fun! Boo.....Went in the office manager said how was it? FUN!Haha. Then she said she'll see me again on Friday...and then scan out...cool machine this time scan hand pula...no the old fashion clock in clock out thing...hahahhaha. Then that was my day! Cool right? I'm not finish...you get paid 5.52 an hour!! and no people shout at you! I did a few mistake like scanning double and then each mistake you do you have to ring your supervisor....supervisor damn nice! He say since i'll be working on the 5-9pm shift...I will be working on the floor...he said..better on the floor you can chit chat with the others...hahhaa he's so nice...well. I work on weekdays except Thursday. 4 hours each day and it's great cos I'm treated with respect and nobody look down at me. Happy day! Haha oh and did I mention that during bank holidays...which is public holidays...if they don't open but you work on that day....you get PAID! How cool is that? See how much big a difference you get treated by ang mos and chinese?? But bare in mind not all ang mos are that nice...ALOT of them are racist! It took me more than 3 months to get this job...and it's a temporary one as well. They will keep us if we are good...so hopefully I'm good to stay =)

Holiday starts tmr but today I decided not to go to class...why? Cos 1...lazy 2...learn autocad and photoshop....(-_-)" learn for 3 years ad...enough of that... 3 want to stay home...cold outside. Grass turning to ice in the garden...so my holiday starts NOW! WEE!!!

Ok that's about it from me...will blog again soon! Toodleloo...

No comments:

Post a Comment