welcome note

Welcome peasants to my realm of imagination. I am the founder of the Imaginarium Movement and this is where you will discover all about it in wonderment that would leave you to ponder...


Thursday, January 24, 2008

My first ever CNY away from home!

Ok, CNY is around the corner. If I was at home I'll be busy shopping for my new clothes!! Arghh! I can't do it here. It's useless and meaningless. Sigh. Besides, I can't afford it. Blehh. Other than that, I'll be helping my mom out with CNY cookies! Oh it's sad I've never took any pictures of those cookies. If only I did I could have post them here. Anyway, I would miss all the visiting and food! Uh oh and the GAMBLING! hehehe. Any round of BlackJack anyone? In between?? And the ANG POW!!! One of the very best reason to stay single and not married! Hahahahahaha. This year my family is going back to Penang since they are having a small family reunion there. I've waited years for us to go back to celebrate and they HAD to wait for THIS year to go when I'm away! Ok ironical or coincidental or TIAO DI??? (English translation: purposely) Mannn... all the good food and not mentioning they are also going back to celebrate the 8th day of CNY there which means Ti Kong Seh!!! Urghh I'm missing out! MISSING OUT!!! The sio bak! (roast piglet) is the best! The firecrackers and the FAMILY get-together is one of the best experience I used to have when I was living in Penang.

Oh well, since I'm here and they don't celebrate it as big as they do in Malaysia, my cousin and I are driving down to London for the weekend. 2 weeks from now and I'm really looking forward to it! It should be nice and interesting! If its not at least I'm hoping to meet up with some of my old classmates from LimKokWing! KC you better be there when I'm there or else I'll kill you! Hahaha.

I had a half hour to spare before work yesterday and manage to take a few pictures of what they are selling here for CNY! Check it out!


Don't you think the pepper and salt shaker are just so cute? Alessi, one of the best product design factory from Italy! Check it out! Also I made this cute little CNY card since they don't sell any here I mean they do in those Chinese shops but they are really expensive and not worth that much and not as nice and cute and fantastic as mine...take a close look peeps!

KAWAII DA NE!!! Cheers! Happy Chinese New Year! Gong Xi Fa Chai!!

No comments:

Post a Comment